In this edition of Global Leader Radio, we learn about family, professional and societal elements of global leadership from a CEO’s view! Host Alvin C. Miles interviewed Mark Wilson, CEO of eVerifile. Mark provided a number of insights which you can add to your leadership toolkit. Lauren Wilson (Mark’s daughter) adds to the leadership conversation from her perspective as well!
Here are seven takeaways from our discussion:
- Begin with genuine care and concern for the people who depend upon your leadership.
- Embrace & learn from the experiences gained through failure to avoid repeating future mistakes.
- Align yourself with partners who have an innovative approach toward the market.
- Where ideas come from matters (external customers, company leaders, internal customers).
- The level of your self-awareness will prove critical to your success.
- Keep your family life as high a priority as your work/business life.
- Pursue life-long learning to continue expanding your horizons.
Listen to Mark explain each of these points and take notes, then share what you’ve learned. Leadership IS a conversation!
Mark Wilson/ President & CEO, eVerifile
Mark A. Wilson is the President and CEO of Atlanta-based eVerifile Inc., a privately held company specializing in delivering fast, web-powered workforce screening solutions and support systems for organizations across the globe. Wilson has over 25 years of experience in the business information services industry.
Wilson’s vision and leadership has earned a number of prestigious honors, including Ernst & Young’s Entrepreneur of the Year Award ® for 2010 and TiE Atlanta’s 2010 Entrepreneur of the Year. He serves on the Georgia Kaiser Permanente Executive Advisory Board, he is a member of the Board of Visitors for Emory University, he is a Director on the Board for Perceptis, Inc., The Edge Connection-an institute at Kennesaw State University, and the Entrepreneur in Residence at the MDBA Business Center, a program under Georgia Tech’s Enterprise Innovation Institute. Wilson is also a member of the Young Presidents’ Organization.
Contact Mark: (404) 585-4488, email@example.com
Which Book Has Most Impacted Your Leadership Ability?