Global Leader Radio™ Hosts a Panel Discussion on the Perception of Competence
On Tuesday December 4th, 2012, Alvin Miles, host of Global Leader Radio™ on Business RadioX®, was joined in-studio by Legacy Executive Benefits LLC’s David Harper and Denise Chisolm, and Your SweetSpot’s Dr. Kym Harris to talk about taking control of how others perceive our competence.
The panel agreed that the perception of competence should not be left to chance. During the discussion, the following seven items were discussed:
1. The perception of competence extends far beyond performance.
2. FEAR is wasteful.
3. It is important to raise your “relational” capital.
4. Giving AND seeking behavior-based feedback is critical to success.
5. Combining an executive MBA with a diverse professional background provides the confidence to take on new assignments outside your comfort zone.
6. To “manage your margin”- carve out time in your day to organize, prioritize & reflect.
7. Keeping the idea that “Wherever I go, I follow myself!” will help you present yourself the way you want to be thought of.
To learn more about the perception of competence and all of the featured guests, listen to the complete interview on the Global Leader Radio™ page for Business RadioX®.